Whether the ocean is your office or your playground, we understand the complexities.
Maritime law is about more than just what happens on the water. It governs all aspects of any industry that supports the marine and shipping sectors. From family businesses to global enterprises, pleasure craft to commercial shipping, when a client’s business involves the Ocean, we can help.
- Commercial shipping
- Maritime liens and proceedings
- Vessel construction, maintenance and repair agreements
- Fisheries – offshore, inland and aquaculture
- Marine insurance claims (P&I Claims)
- Collision, salvage, towage and pilotage claims
- Regulatory requirements for vessels operating in Canadian waters
- Law of the Sea (UNCLOS)
- Buying, selling and chartering vessels
- Shipbuilding and government procurement
- Identifying and overseeing ship owners’ limitations and liability
- Settling maritime personal injury and death claims