We believe every role at Wickwire Holm is equally important to our firm’s success. We’re busy, we’re dynamic and we need good people who are just as committed as our lawyers, articling clerks and students. If you’re an administrative professional who fits that description, you might be the perfect fit for us. Contact us today.
Receptionist/Legal Float Assistant
We have an immediate opening for a full-time permanent Receptionist/Legal Float Assistant.
The successful candidate will report to the Firm Administrator and be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to all lawyers, paralegals and assistants of the firm as well as reception relief.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Type, edit and draft correspondence and documents; open mail; photocopy; fax; email; scan; open and maintain files and e-folders; prepare client invoices; and assist with all other administrative duties related to a lawyer’s practice.
• Order and maintain inventories of all office, household and stationery supplies.
• Perform all receptionist duties, which include: answering and screening switchboard calls; greeting clients and visitors; booking and setting up meeting rooms, including food ordering; processing couriers and mail; performing light housekeeping duties; and reporting maintenance issues to building management.
• Assist the accounting department by posting all sundry disbursements, closing files and completing other data entry duties.
• Maintain the firm’s library publications as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
• Legal Assistant or Paralegal diploma;
• Maturity and confidence with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
• Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Strong computer software skills in Outlook, Word and Excel;
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information;
• A strong work ethic, delivering service with energy and enthusiasm;
• Excellent attention to detail and superior proofreading skills;
• Ability to take initiative when necessary and to prioritize work as required;
• Professional attitude.
Wickwire Holm offers a friendly environment in which to work as well as a competitive compensation package, benefit plan and pension. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and contact information to Patricia Wilkinson, Firm Administrator, at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant with real estate experience.
The individual will work closely with lawyers and paralegals primarily in the real estate department, but will also be required to assist in other areas as follows:
- Type, edit and draft correspondence and documents; open mail; photocopy; fax; email; scan; open and maintain files and e-folders; prepare client invoices; and assist with all other administrative duties related to a lawyer’s practice.
- Work directly with LRA registered lawyers within the office to complete all documentation and correspondence required for residential real estate files, as well as complete necessary billing and registration of documents, ordering searches and completing trust deposits and requisitioning trust funds.
- Provide Land Registration documentation to all firm members as required for paper submission of documents and complete all e-submissions as required by firm LRA lawyers and all other firm lawyers to record documents such as deeds, judgments, foreclosure orders, assignments of bankruptcy, liens and lis pendens.
- Assist LRA registered lawyers with making changes to the parcel registers to add/remove benefits, burdens, recorded interests, new/amended PDCA submissions and property migration.
- Provide back up to the property paralegal during absences and during heavy workload periods.
- 3+ years’ work experience as a legal assistant in real estate law.
- A university degree or paralegal diploma is required.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands.
- High level of sound and independent judgment.
- Excellent writing skills including proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to draft documents, forms and correspondence with minimal supervision providing attention to detail and superior proofreading skills.
- Exceptional computer software skills using Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- A strong work ethic, delivering service with energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to take initiative when necessary and to interact with other employees to assist as needed.
This position is a permanent, full-time position Monday through Friday. It includes a competitive salary, as well as group benefits and pension.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and contact information in confidence to Patricia Wilkinson, Firm Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.