Noella is a member of our Labour & Employment, Regulatory / Administrative, Municipal, and Litigation services areas.
Noella has represented employers at virtually every type of labour or employment related hearing, including at the Labour Board, arbitrations and all levels of court. Noella has acted as chief spokesperson in collective bargaining and has appeared before and been a member of interest arbitration boards.
Noella has acted in a number of matters involving minority language education rights, including appearing as counsel for the Conseil scolaire acadien provincial at the Supreme Court of Canada.
Noella is recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada for her practice in Administrative and Public Law (since 2012).
On A Personal Note
As Chair of the Pictou Academy Educational Foundation in 2016-2017, Noella was part of a team that successfully worked toward maintaining a full P-9 school system in her home community of Pictou, Nova Scotia. Also, Noella recently became a member of the Ship Hector Society, an organization devoted to preserving the Ship Hector based in Pictou.
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), Mount Allison University, 1985
- Master of Industrial Relations, Queens University, 1986
- Bachelor of Law, Dalhousie University, 1990
- Harvard Negotiation Master Class, Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School, 2021