Vanessa is a member of our Corporate, Commercial, Wills and Estates, and Labour and Employment services areas.
By developing strong relationships with clients, Vanessa is able to provide efficient and effective legal services that are best suited to her clients’ needs. Vanessa has experience providing advice to businesses and organizations on various corporate & commercial matters including the set-up of business structures, share/asset purchase and sale transactions, negotiation and preparation of contracts, and drafting shareholder and partnership agreements.
Vanessa also advises clients with respect to their various estate and tax planning needs and has experience preparing full estate plans, including wills, powers of attorney, personal directives and various trust documents. She is a student member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP Canada) and is currently working towards obtaining her Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) designation.
On A Personal Note
Active in her community, Vanessa currently serves on Wickwire Holm’s charity committee. While in law school, Vanessa was the recipient of a Schulich Scholarship and the Clifford Rae Achievement Award for her academic accomplishments. Vanessa currently resides in Halifax with her daughter, Aubrey. In her spare time, Vanessa enjoys travelling, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (Student Member)
- B.B.A. (Accounting), St. Francis Xavier University, 2009
- Juris Doctor (Specialization in Business Law), Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University, 2014
- Master of Public Administration., Dalhousie University, 2014
- Admitted to the Nova Scotia Bar in June, 2015